Friday, December 22, 2006

Repeat the "Sounding Joy!"








John W. Lillpop

Lord knows I am no flame-throwing anarchist who stumbles about saying and doing things only to irritate good people. That is not my modus operandi, regardless of what some green-eyed liberals may be charging.

Nonetheless, it seems fitting at this time of year to “Cast My Fate to the Wind,” as it were, and to speak unabashed about that which I believe, without undue regard to political correctness.

As they used to say “Let it All Hang Out!” Thank goodness they no longer say that, because the number of children being born out-of-wedlock was spiraling way out of control!

Thus, and therefore, acting against the counsel of my lawyer and psychiatric team, I hereby plunge headfirst into the world of defiance and wicked decadence.

I do so by exclaiming the following greeting from the the top of my keyboard:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

And, no, I did not forget Kwanzaa, Hanukah, or any other religious occasion. I said exactly what I meant, without apologies or hesitation. I said it, and already I hear the manic screams of sirens outside my padded cell.


What to do?

The only thing a sane person would do. Repeat the “sounding joy” and again say:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!


John Lillpop is a recovering liberal, "clean and sober" since 1992 when last he voted for a Democrat. Pray for John: He lives in the San Francisco Bay Area, where people like Nancy Pelosi are considered reasonable!