By John W. Lillpop
While the Mark Foley page scandal is deadly serious and cause for grave concern, it is nonetheless hysterical to hear Democrats scream foul about morality and decency. Both subjects have all but been eliminated from the liberal vocabulary, especially since the perverted administration of Bill Clinton.
In fact, comparing the case histories of Mark Foley and Bill Clinton helps to place the current crisis in perspective.
To wit, unlike Bill Clinton, Mark Foley did not:
* Lie under oath about a sexual relationship with a subordinate (Monica Lewinski) on government property (The White House).
* Discuss military matters on the telephone with a member of the U.S. Congress while receiving oral sex from an intern (Monica Lewinsky) in the Oval Office.
* Leave a foreign leader (Yassar Arafat) waiting in the Rose Garden of the White House while engaging in sex with the same intern.
* Sexually assault (allegedly) a volunteer worker (Kathleen Wiley) in the White House.
* Rape (allegedly) an associate (Juanita Broderick).
Obviously, Clinton’s sexual transgressions have nothing to do with those of Mark Foley.
But watching liberals gag on their own words while feigning outrage over the sexually explicit nature of Foley’s e-mails and IMs is the most entertaining theater seen in Washington, D.C., since Clinton’s impeachment in December of 1998.