By John W. Lillpop
Most right-thinking Americans were startled when Cindy Sheehan announced that she was a finalist for the Nobel Peace Prize. Sheehan made her immodest announcement at a book-signing appearance in Texas last week.
Nominating Sheehan for the prestigious award is not completely outrageous when placed in the proper context. In other words, Sheehan as a finalist for the Nobel Peace Prize is akin to the following nominations:
* Osama bin Laden: Most peace-loving and amicable Muslim.
* Kim Yong Il: Most trustworthy Asian leader.
* Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: Greatest advocate on behalf of Israel and Jews.
* Bill Clinton: Most honest politician in U.S. History.
* John Murtha: Most inspirational to U.S. troops serving in harm’s way.
* Hillary Clinton: Second most honest politician in U.S. History.
* Harry Reid: Third most honest politician in U.S. History.
* Teddy Kennedy: Most sober and respected senator in Washington, D.C.
* Barbra Streisand: Most intelligent, well-informed, vocalist in America.
* Vicente Fox: Leader with greatest respect for U.S. borders and laws.
* Mark Foley: Most wholesome role model for teenage boys.
* Madonna: Most wholesome role model for teenage girls.
* New York Times: Most unbiased and objective news coverage.
* Katie Couric: Most qualified anchor on major network news.
* Al Franken: Most interesting talk show host in America.
* Jimmy Carter: Best president in U.S. History.
Is it possible that Cindy Sheehan--a creation of the leftist mainstream Media—is really the best hope that six billion humans have for world peace?
John W. Lillpop is a recovering liberal.