Saturday, June 30, 2007
Want Fairness? Give Michael Savage Equal Time on PBS!
By John W. Lillpop
At first glance, the Fairness Doctrine being floated by leftist fascists like Diane Feinstein, John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi and other enemies of free speech sounds prohibitive and scary.
But a real Fairness Doctrine might actually help if it included all media, television, newspapers, and radio, and if:
* When hiring reporters, editors, commentators, anchors, and other news staff, mainstream media venues were required to hire the exact same number of conservatives as liberals;
* For every Maureen Dowd column it publishes, the New York Times were required to run a current Ann Coulter column, of equal length, on the same page;
* PBS were required to follow the "Jim Lehrer News Hour" with a segment of "The Savage Nation," hosted by Michael Savage.
* To counter 60 Minutes featuring Mike Wallace, CBS were required run a show of equal time hosted by Michael Reagan;
* In order to avoid being excessively "one way," ABC were ordered to fire two leftist feminists from "The View" and replace them with Bay Buchanan and Phyllis Schlafly;
* Spanish-language broadcasts featuring pro-amnesty and open borders propaganda, were required to include an equal number of commentaries by those opposed to illegal immigration and in favor of immediate deportation of all illegals;
* Movie theaters running Michael Moore's Sicko were required to also run Mel Gibson's Passion of the Christ, at the same time;
* Air America were forced to run conservative talent to offset the likes of Randi Rhodes and other leftist nut cases posing as radio hosts;
* The Weather Channel were ordered to replace half of its global warming biased staff with skeptics who believe that global warming is only myth, unsubstantiated by real science, and
* Radio and television coverage of political conventions were completely balanced to assure equal coverage for liberal and conservative perspectives.
If administered fairly, the fairness doctrine could help to dislodge the liberal bias pervasive in newspapers, television, films, and radio.
In which case, Bring it on!
John Lillpop is a recovering liberal.
Posted by John W Lillpop at 9:21 AM