Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Feliz Navidad from “Good hearted, hard working” Illegal Aliens
by John W. Lillpop
Growing up in a Christian home, I was taught that it is especially important to be charitable and giving at Christmas in honor of the birth, life, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
However, to the best of my recollection, my parents did not advocate stupidity at Christmas, or at any other time of year for that matter.
For example, although my mother lectured me endlessly about not wasting food because people in China were starving, I do not recall that she favored bringing tens of millions of non-English speaking Chinese into America illegally so that we could take care of them.
But we were poor, so perhaps my perspective is skewed. How poor were the Lillpops? Well, we usually got CARE packages from Korea at Christmas!
Unlike my parents, President George W. Bush, in concert with RINO and Democrat politicians and the mainstream media seem totally committed to stupidity when it comes to illegal immigration.
Bush et al. seem to have greater regard for illegal aliens than for hardworking, taxpaying American citizens. The president is particularly fond of referring to Mexican illegal aliens as hardworking, goodhearted folks who should be granted citizenship because they come only in pursuit of a better life.
With all due respect to the president, I suspect that “pursuing a better life” is the universal excuse used by bank robbers, home burglars, auto thieves, extortionists, drug dealers, forgers, pimps, hard-money loan brokers, dentists, and other criminals to justify taking that to which they are not entitled.
Should we grant pardons to all such criminals, and welcome them carte blanche into mainstream American life? And if such a foolish policy were implemented, what would stop others from simply taking what they desire without regard to ownership, morality, or fairness?
Moreover, some startling facts and figures from the Los Angeles Times and other news outlets should cause any sane person to question the president’s judgment when it comes to criminals from Mexico.
* 40% of workers in Los Angeles County work for cash and pay no taxes, because they are predominantly illegal aliens without green cards.
* 95% of murder warrants issued in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.
* 75% of those on the “most wanted” list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.
* Over 67% of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal aliens.
(Mexican births paid for by U.S. taxpayers.)
* Nearly 25% of all inmates in California detention centers are here illegally.
* Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.
* 50% of gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border, according to FBI reports.
* 60% of all occupants in HUD properties are illegal aliens.
* 21 radio stations in Los Angeles are Spanish-language.
* In Los Angeles County, 5.1 million people speak English, while
3.9 million speak Spanish.
* Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare.
* In 1997, the net cost of immigration to American taxpayers was $70 billion. The lifetime fiscal impact (taxes paid minus services received) for the average adult Mexican immigrant is a negative number.
* 29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens.
Isn’t it time for our “conservative” president and lawmakers to forsake their patriarchal concern for illegal aliens and focus instead on protecting the interests of the American people as required by the U.S. Constitution?
Posted by John W Lillpop at 4:07 PM